help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] convert ggo file to man page

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] convert ggo file to man page
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:37:16 +0200

It does :-)
and I discovered it while developing gengetopt actually!

Yegor Yefremov wrote:
Thank you for your answers. help2man rocks!

Regards,
Yegor

actually gengetopt itself creates its man page using help2man: once you
have your program (that uses the gengetopt generated parser), you can
build the manpage with help2man, e.g.,

help2man yourprogram

for gengetopt I do

help2man ./gengetopt --help-option="--detailed-help" > gengetopt.1

cheers
    Lorenzo

Salvatore Santagati wrote:
Well, I believe is a good idea also if possible create a man page with
help2man

Salvatore

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Yegor Yefremov