help-gift

[help-GIFT] auto-tools and gcc-3.0.3

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: [help-GIFT] auto-tools and gcc-3.0.3
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:25:45 +0100 (CET)

Dear Wolfgang,

thank you for your helpful suggestions. Just updating to moderately newer
versions did indeed solve the configuration problem. I replaced some
packages of Mandrake 8.0 with those from 8.1, so that I now have the
following versions:
automake-1.4-20.p5.mdk
autoconf-2.13.9mdk
libtool-1.4-6mdk
In particular, it was not necessary to update to autoconf-2.52.

Concerning gcc-3.0.3, however, the string problems persist even with
this newest bugfix release.

Cheers,

Andreas