help-gift

[help-GIFT] Peer address, timestamp

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: [help-GIFT] Peer address, timestamp
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:22:42 +0100

Hi,
As you have seen, presently I am looking into socket programming for getting
the GIFT Fer-de-Lance proof. As a spinoff of this, I know was able to add
some logging of the peer address to the GIFT. For each connection something
like:

<!-- The following message was sent by
Peer INET Address: 129.194.71.78
At: Tue Jan  8 14:28:21 2002
 -->

is added to gift-log.mrml

This code is now in CVS.

Note: I wanted the log to stay reliable (I guess you're with me there). As a
consequence, the log should not log the successfully parsed MRML, but the
whole received MRML. This makes it impossible to add the above logging
message as a tag into the received message, even if that would be simpler for
doing some log file analysis.

What I suggest as possible compromise, would be to write not a comment, but
rather a complete well-formed, but small XML text. Would you prefer that?

Cheers,
Wolfgang