Re: [Help-glpk] Testing glpk-4.26-tab

From: Ted Poe
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Testing glpk-4.26-tab
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:18:09 -0800 (PST)

...and here are my notes if you want to do the same using MinGW.

Thanks, Xypron.  What I realized, at the end of all of this, is that
ODBC immediately takes away portability because of the requirement to
link the MySQL database using ODBC.  So far, for portability, we have
CSV and xBase.  Yours and Andrew's coding skills are far above mine in
this area.  Would anyone care to comment on the feasibility of adding
sqlite?  It, too is cross-platform, and it is portable.

Thanks to both of you, again, for all of the effort.

Ted

=======

Notes on building GLPK under MinGW:

01) MinGW installation (incl. mingw-w32-make) (as per
http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/SmartQuickStart)
02) MSYS installation using MSYS-1.0.10.exe (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435)
03) Building gmp from gmp-4.2.1-MSYS-1.0.11.tar.bz2 (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435) (configure,
make, make install)
04) NOTE: in MSYS environment, /usr is linked to /
05) Configure glpk with: env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure --enable-gmp --enable-odbc32
06) make
07) On my system, I had to run regedit to delete odbccp32.cpl key in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don’t load
08) Download and install ODBC driver for MySQL from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html#win32
09) Start mysql (I had already created the glpk database using
transp.sql)
10) In ODBC control Panel/System DSN, add a new data source using the
MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver (Data Source Name=glpk, User=glpk, Password=gnu,
Database=glpk)
11) cd examples
12) glpsol -m transp_odbc.mod -o transp_out.txt