[Help-glpk] Getting more info from presolver

From: Joey Rios
Subject: [Help-glpk] Getting more info from presolver
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:37:18 -0700

Hi,

I saw a couple of threads on this topic, but I don't think they completely answered my question.  I am getting the "PROBLEM HAS NO PRIMAL FEASIBLE SOLUTION" from glpsol.  This doesn't surprise me as I am currently debugging my input file.   I have a  MathProg model of my problem by my data sets are so large, I am trying to produce a CPLEX LP format file for input instead to avoid the long model translation step.  The reason I mention this is that I know the MathProg model is good but my Java code to generate a CPLEX LP format file must not correspond to the MathProg model exactly yet.  So this brings me to the hope that the glpk presolver could offer more insight about which constraints it finds unsatisfiable.  Even if it told me one of them, it would be a great clue for my debugging.  If there is a way to do this through the API (vs. glpsol), that's fine too.

Any advice appreciated.  I'd be happy to provide more information if it is helpful.  Thanks in advance.

Joey

Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage. Get Windows Live SkyDrive.