Re: [Help-glpk] the new PDF docs

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] the new PDF docs
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:27:36 +0300

> Regarding the GLPK 4.34 documentation.

> I checked 'glpk.pdf' for paper size, font type, and PDF
> version.  I opened the file from 'evince' and tested
> the hyperlinks.  And from 'acroread', I tested the text
> searching, text selection, and hyperlinks.  Everything
> worked just fine on my circa-2007 Ubuntu system.  But
> I have a couple of small comments:

>   * "-rwx------" file permissions (having come from Windows)

For some reasons I use Cygwin to make distribution tarballs, and
probably such permission flags are set by cp or tar. Do you mean
that there should be at least r permission for group/others?

>   * is "letter" a GNU standard or would "a4" be better ?

"Letter" is a de facto GNU standard. I think that due to wide margins
there must be no problems on printing the documents on A4 paper.