Re: [Help-glpk] Re: Mac OS X ODBC MathProg

From: Maurice Diamantini
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: Mac OS X ODBC MathProg
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:21:13 +0100

Le 16 févr. 2010 à 09:02, Noli Sicad a écrit :

> Don't worry we are not touching or modifying any Mac OS X filesystem,
> the symbolic link is just a hack just to keep the tables ODBC
> implementation working in MathProg. It is not modifying anything,
> except it is create a dummy file libodbc.so which is symbolic link to
> libodbc.dylib.

I agree, but the symlink make it impossible to distribute a precompile directory
without modifying the target host directory system (i.e. by adding a link
as root user in the directory /usr/lib/ )

Also, the installation need to add some stuffs **outside** the --prefix
directory which would be very bad.

> Now, that we know the right Mac OS X library naming convention *.dylib
> and how to do it properly for sure GLPK/MathProg will be using it in
> future releases.

Yes thank you.
I don't use ODBC, but I just hope the glpk install will keek being clean.
(hum, sorry for my bad english)

-- Maurice