re: [Help-glpk] IAJAAR.H_C-C++.dev.7z

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: re: [Help-glpk] IAJAAR.H_C-C++.dev.7z
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:18:34 +0100

Thank you for looking at IAJAAR.H. What would you like it to be?

What is not clear? What would you like to put in the wiki?

The examples are, I think, worthy of inclusion. They demonstrate manipulation
of the constraint matrix to progress a problem. Each step could be written in
mathprog, but the progress from hugh.mod to gist10yo.mod would not be obvious.
The 3 steps igst10yo.cpp, gmst10yo.java, and gist10yo.R are trivial. I think
they are interesting, and I have seen no other examples of directly manipulaing
the constraint matrix in the wiki or examples.

These are more fully explained:

IAJAAR.H is a few years old. I proposed it as part of my suggestion to produce
bindings for glpk using SWIG to a number of languages. There are, at least, two
thing guaranteed to annoy me. One is a blunt statement that something which had
not been proved impossible can't be done, especially if it is being done. Let
such answer to gist10yo.R. The second is when something has been proven to be
mathmatically impossible suddenly becomes possible, just because someone has a
computer that appears to do it.

IAJAAR.H_C-C++.dev.7z is the C++ examples directory from the above, with the
addition of an archive file to simplify compilation, for anyone who wants to do
so using MinGW without compiling glpk. I also added sample.c and sample.cpp to
more clearly demonstrate with and without IAJAAR.H.

Who else may require these files?

If you recognize yourself: 'This is a good little package. I have used DJGPP,
Quincy99 and 02, and Dev-C++. I like Dev-C++ the most. Lots of built in tools,
very nice IDE. I have not tried Quincy05, but Quincy02 is second to Dev-C++ in
IDE environment'
then you should stop and use netBeans and Qt. These days every man and his dog
seems to be writing a C++ IDE, many including a build of MinGW. Anyone using
one of these, or MinGW as the compiler without an IDE might want these files.

I think all the files needed to produce ones own examples are provided by the
Java and R example directory. In fact, from comments I have received, if you
are using anything but the latest JDK you will need to recompile the Java
example. Perhaps a simple 'with and without' for Java and R would be clearer
but not as much fun.