Re: Problems with GNATS

From: Mehul N. Sanghvi
Subject: Re: Problems with GNATS
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:55:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rick Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> No, mail is mail and the alias should be on the mailhost and
> gnatshost
> relays mail to mailhost just like every other machine.
>
> I'm assuming that the gnats database directories are mountable on
> mailhost...

OK.  I now have the mailhost setup with the aliases and the GNATS
distribution mounted via NFS to mailhost.

I now seem to be getting the following error from sendmail:

   query-pr: no PRs matched
   554 "| /nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/bin/query-pr -d \
/nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/share/gnats/test-db -q" ... unknown
mailer error 1

I was getting errors which indicated that query-pr was unknown but then
I remembered that I had to place a link in /etc/smrsh for sendmail to
allow the use of an external program.  Having done that, I get the
above error message.

> Let's get the mail going first and see what happens. You shouldn't
> ever
> need to touch index or current.

OK.  well I guess we are still trying to get the mail going.

> ...RickM...

mehul