Re: GNATS discussion group

From: Margaret BRIERTON
Subject: Re: GNATS discussion group
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:51:43 +1000

Ok.....

So far i'm able to run "send-pr", create a problem report and send it.  This
works
fine.  I'm also able to read the mail using "sendmail".

My problem is that i there are no entries being created in the database.  I
query
the dbase and i get no matching results found, when i know that i've just send a
pr that matches that criteria.

I've attached my config and /etc/aliases file.

Can someone please offer me some help.

Thank you

Margaret

gnats- is a user who i've set up on my machine...like the doco says
margaret-is my account on my machine.

the software is stored on my local machine which is called bilbo.

Yngve Svendsen wrote:

> At 14:49 05.06.01 +1000, Margaret BRIERTON wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Can anyone tell me if there is a GNATS discussion group.  I'm having a few
> >problems getting it up and running on my machine and would really appreciate
> >bit of input into where i'm going wrong.
> >
> >Does anyone know if such a group exists?
>
> We don't have a dedicated "GNATS user" mailing list, but ask you questions
> here, and a lot of knowledegeable people should be able to reply.
>
> Yngve Svendsen
#
#       @(#)aliases     8.2 (Berkeley) 3/5/94
#
#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from
#  Mail, but WILL be visible over networks or from /bin/mail.
#
#       >>>>>>>>>>      The program "newaliases" must be run after
#       >> NOTE >>      this file is updated for any changes to
#       >>>>>>>>>>      show through to sendmail.
#

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
MAILER-DAEMON:  postmaster
postmaster:     root

#aliase for GNATS administrator
gnats-admin:    margaret

#alias for your site
bilbo-gnats:    gnats

#forward a copy of each coming Problem Report to a log.
gnat-q:         "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"
gnat-log:       /usr/local/share/gnats-db/gnats-adm/bugs.log
gnats:          gnat-q, gnat-log

#let users be able to query the dbase by mail
#query-pr: "| /user/local/libexec/gnats/mail-query"
#
# General redirections for pseudo accounts.
bin:            root
daemon:         root
games:          root
ingres:         root