Subject line processing in Gnats 4.0

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Subject line processing in Gnats 4.0
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 23:07:14 -0500

  In Gnats 3.0, one can append to a PR by sending email to gnats with the
category/XX PR number in the subject line. This just creates new PRs.

  Following the code through, it calls sends SUBM to the server... and there
is some heuristic in the gnatsd that sees the subject line. And this has
worked... sometimes. But I have a number of times it hasn't worked, and new
PRs were created. I can share them if this isn't a known problem.

] address@hidden http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[