Re: no login gnats4

From: Moe Elzubeir
Subject: Re: no login gnats4
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:32:42 -0600

Excellent! Should have looked in there first. Now yet-another-problem ;)

In /etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access I have it set to:

―-
127.0.0.1:listdb:
―-

And, in /etc/gnats/databases I have it set to:

―-
default:Arabeyes Bugs:/var/lib/gnats/gnats/-db
―-

Now... in /var/lib/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/gantsd.access I have this line:

―
arabugs:$0$testme:edit:default
―

But, whatever I type in at the password for 'arabugs', it lets me in anyway..
and it doesn't seem to care to what level the user is set to either, and simply
defaults to what I have '127.0.0.1' set to (listdb). In other words, while
there is password prompting now, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Am I still missing something?

[Oh I am Sooooooooooooooooooooo close.. this awesome!]

Thanks
―
Mohammed Elzubeir

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 08:18:34AM -0600, Moe Elzubeir wrote:
> Now, when I try to run gnatsweb.pl from the web, I get a welcome
> screen, prompts me for my 'User Name' and a drop-down menu for the
> 'databases' to select from (in this case, only one 'default').
>
> No prompt for password.. whatever I typed, goes right through.. what am
> I doing wrong now?

Open up /usr/lib/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl in your favorite editor as
Read-only; then read. ;-)  It's in there.  You'll find the option you
need. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' address@hidden)