use of GNATSDB

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: use of GNATSDB
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:21:11 -0800

I'm trying to setup a separate database instance by adding a line
into the share/gnats/databases file and setting the GNATSDB env
variable to point to it. I can successfully 'telnet localhost port#'
and, say, lockdb, but when I try using pr-edit it ends up locking
the default database.

Grokking through the code, I find that client_init_gnats
in client.c is invoking 'chdb default' because the scanenv function
always sets database to 'default' during initialization.

My question is..."wouldn't it make more sense to do the equivalent of
'database =  getenv ("GNATSDB")' rather than blindly setting it
to 'default'?

--
Mel Hatzis
Juniper Networks Inc.