replies using using original subject line

From: Aamer Akhter
Subject: replies using using original subject line
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:10:51 -0400

Hello,

I'm evaluating gnats to see if it can help our group keep track of issues we find without modifying our current model too much.

I've been reading the following thread:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnats/2001-12/msg00026.html

and it remains unclear to me what gnats would do if the original submitter also CC'd other parties in the PR submission. I can understand that gnats would create a new PR, etc. But suppose one of the other recipients responds with 'Re: <original subject line>', will gnats create a new PR? or is there some logic (which I couldn't find) that says:

1. look we've got a Re:, meaning it's a response to something gnats may already know about 2. it turns out in the last X days, there is a synopsis of <original subject line>, this must be the same PR, let me append...

is there anything like that? I understand in other environments, this may create all sorts of problems, but it probably wouldn't in ours...

tia
--
Aamer Akhter / address@hidden
NSITE cisco Systems