Re: replies using using original subject line

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: replies using using original subject line
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:37:49 -0500

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:10:51AM -0400, Aamer Akhter wrote:
> 1. look we've got a Re:, meaning it's a response to something gnats
> may already know about 2. it turns out in the last X days, there is a
> synopsis of <original subject line>, this must be the same PR, let me
> append...
>
> is there anything like that? I understand in other environments, this
> may create all sorts of problems, but it probably wouldn't in ours...

IIRC, there is nothing like that.  You're talking about the initial
submission.  Although most replies will contain the original subject,
the current file-pr program only looks for either the "PR#" string or
the "CATEGORY/#:" string.  It does not look at the subject and query the
synopsis for matching PR's, although that would be a wonderful feature.
It also does not have any "thread logic" to tie emails together.

These are both very good features to request/code.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/