Fw: gnats(web) occasionally submits duplicate PRs

From: Jo A Wahle
Subject: Fw: gnats(web) occasionally submits duplicate PRs
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:38:28 -0500

Oh,... I do see something similar now in the gnats bugs database at http://gnats.wookimus.net/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=gnats in #507. One of my users did say that he submitted another PR by using the Create menu bar while the confirmation page was still open, and then the first PR was submitted again later, which seems to be the situation described in #507. I am able to re-create the problem using the steps in that PR, I think. If so, that would point to a gnatsweb problem. I'm not totally convinced, though, because of the case where a duplicate was submitted less than a second later, with no PR being submitted in-between. I am not able to re-create that problem. But I'll look at the gnatsweb code and see if I can find a problem with the return_url.

--
Jo Wahle, Software Engineer, Engineering Support, SAIC
(Science Applications International Corporation – www.saic.com)

----- Forwarded by Jo A Wahle/NMD/CONT/USGS/DOI on 08/16/2006 09:21 AM -----