Re: Issue with "view" access control

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Issue with "view" access control
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:00:47 -0500

Thank you for the bug report and update.  The instance of GNATS on my
workstation has been down since I switched distros from Debian to
Gentoo, and I haven't had time to bring it back on-line.  I'll work on
that this weekend.

In any case, I'll commit the fix to CVS tonight.  Also in the works is
updating all of the copyright licenses to GPL/LGPL v3. I did a cursory
license "audit" on the copyrighted code.  The only thing I could come up
with as being non-GPLv2 is the MIT Kerberos 4 code.  The copyright
notice (a header file) was missing, so I re-added one from a similar
project on-line.  The kerberos code seems to be a bit broken now, and
doesn't compile correctly anyway -- my attempt at an acinclude.m4 file
to account for this old code has some obvious flaws.  I'll make another
attempt at debugging the build code, but I'll make no promises.  We
really should think about replacing it with the GNU gssapi stuff anyway.

All of our other files had copyright headers stating GPLv2, so I've
updated those and committed the changes to CVS.  We should be talking
release Real Soon Now (TM) for 4.2, which I don't think the broken
kerberos build should block.  I know I've been saying this for a while
now, but with the GPL upgrade, it's time.

There is a submitted patch I will be rolling in for serializing the
email submission queue, rather than using random tempfile names.  If
anyone else has CVS commit access and wants to get something rolled in
before the release, now is the time to do it.  I will making a CVS
snapshot tarball this Sunday, 16 September, and uploading it to alpha.

Thanks for your hard work and patience!

Chad