Re: Newbie needs help

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Newbie needs help
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:23:46 -0600

send-pr will attempt to talk to the server when generating the template,
but fall back to a default template if it cannot do so.  The text you
sent in your email had a typo regarding the exported variable, which was
GNATSD" rather than GNATSDB.  I'm sure that was a typo.

send-pr is a shell wrapper application that uses pr-edit and query-pr,
thus why the correct exported GNATSDB is so important.  If you can run a
successful query-pr from the command-line, send-pr should work.

Try running 'send-pr -P'.  This should generate a template against the
server specified in GNATSDB.  For example, if you run it against

GNATSDB=gnats.wookimus.net:1529:gnats:guest:guest

you should receive these categories:

SEND-PR: Choose from the following categories:
SEND-PR:
SEND-PR: pending  spam     gnats    tkgnats  gnatsweb misc

Since send-pr is a shell script, you can always run it as "/bin/sh -x
PATHTO/send-pr -P" to see what's happening.  I don't believe there's a
"-H" option to send-pr.  Unfortunately, you must use environment
variables to specify the host.