Re:Newbie needs help

From: FrankMoehle
Subject: Re:Newbie needs help
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:19:37 +0100

Hi,

I had a similar problem when movin or old gnats/gnatsweb to a newly comfigured computer.
I think the problem is gnatsweb.pl. It is very sensitive to the version of the CGI.pm perl module.
First i had similar, broken url's, but after we reverted to CGI.pm version 2.68, everything was fine again.

Actually, you can also try to set the -oldstyle_urls pragma of the CPI module.
- open gnatsweb.pl
- change the parameters of the second "use cgi" statemanet to "use CGI 2.56 qw/-oldstyle_urls -nosticky/;"
afterwards, the  whole block looks similar to this:

# end customization
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Use CGI::Carp first, so that fatal errors come to the browser, including
# those caused by old versions of CGI.pm.
#use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
# 8/22/99 kenstir: CGI.pm-2.50's file upload is broken.
# 9/19/99 kenstir: CGI.pm-2.55's file upload is broken.
use CGI 2.56 qw/-oldstyle_urls -nosticky -no_xhtml/;

The gnatsweb README says:
    * Perl 5, with the fine CGI.pm module, version 2.56 or newer.
      Note that the unofficial 3.x versions of CGI.pm have been
      reported not to work. There has been trouble reported with a
      version of perl prior to 5.004_04.
best wishes,

Frank.

I noticed on your website that your top menu button URLS are functional.