Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 02:50:05 +0100

pietru@caramail.com writes:

> But moving the notification to a more prominent (or further ahead)
> place in the mode-line is interesting.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as I had hoped.  Instead of calling
`display-time-mode' you would have to duplicate most of its
implementation code and modify the part where the `display-time-string'
is added to the mode-line.

Actually, once the mode runs, such stuff is not tested any more, so you
also can first start the mode normally as is and after that remove the
added `display-time-string' element from the mode-line and re-add to
some other mode-line place.

May I ask for what kind of stuff you are going to use diary and
appointments?  I ask because I am developing enhancements for these
things and am curious how much other people's usage would profit from
it.

Regards,

Michael