Re: Need Some Help Figuring Out Why 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' Doesn't Work

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Need Some Help Figuring Out Why 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' Doesn't Work With Helm Mode For Some Reason
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 05:49:02 +0200

Samuel Banya wrote:

> I then tried using the function that Prot used in that
> video, aka 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' but nothing happens
> for me.

Beware, keyboard macros are poor man's programming.
Compared to programming they have no advantages but many, many
disadvantages. And one of them is they are difficult to debug.

That said, what macro name did you give? It is

  M-x insert-kbd-macro RET MACRONAME RET

so that might explain this or the other behavior :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal