Re: Need Some Help Figuring Out Why 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' Doesn't Work

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: Need Some Help Figuring Out Why 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' Doesn't Work With Helm Mode For Some Reason
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 21:36:25 -0400

Hey there,

So 'F4' works as intended, I can easily just play back the macro as intended
without a hitch.

The problem is calling that function manually AFTER its being recorded does
literally nothing.

I will try to see if its a Helm specific problem though by using 'emacs -q'. I
get a strong feeling, its related since I already bind the M-x command to the
Helm specific one, so its probably eating the input or totally ignoring it.

But yeah, no error, and no message afterwards, just nothing appears in the
buffer as intended even though it should be dumping the contents of the macro I
created.