Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Calls Table

From: David Friedman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Calls Table
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:06:19 -0400

* Ben Casado (address@hidden) wrote:
> For whatever reason this table is ALWAYS empty. Can someone tell me what we
> need todo such that all active users, when they connect, can be recorded here?
>
> Also, we would like to help our client when they cannot connect. Is this
> information in any sql table or kept anywhere that we can extract/read from
> it?

Make sure that you have "doacct yes" in your raddb/sqlserver file.
If you don't already have one, make sure you create a /var/log/radacct/
directory, and check /var/log/radacct/sql-lost for sql-related errors.
A quick "man radiusd" shows that you need to use "-y" to write detailed
authentication information, and you may also add a "z" to enable logging
of failed password (not recommended).  There are a bunch of other logging
options in raddb/config.

I created a pretty thorough interface to GNU-Radius in PHP.  I haven't
had the time to clean up the code and make it modular enough for official
distribution, but I'll gladly set it up for you (or anyone else reading
this).  Drop me a note off the list.

ciao

> Thanks
>
> Ben