[Help-gnu-radius] SQL Password Storage Format?

From: Ken Simpson
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Password Storage Format?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

(sorry for the duplicate -- I hit ^X^Y before writing a subject line)

What format should passwords be in that are stored within an SQL database
such as PostgreSQL (when SQL is the authentication type)?

I assumed that I could just store the md5 hash of my passwords, but that
doesn't seem to work. Do you have to prepend {md5} or something like that?

My raddb/users config file looks like this:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
                Simultaneous-Use = 1
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

Thanks!

Ken
--
Secure Broadband Wireless. Why wait? FatPort is here.
http://www.FatPort.com -- 1-866-FAT-PORT (328-7678)