Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Password Storage Format?

From: David Friedman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Password Storage Format?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 22:10:08 -0400

* Ken Simpson (address@hidden) wrote:
> (sorry for the duplicate -- I hit ^X^Y before writing a subject line)
>
> What format should passwords be in that are stored within an SQL database
> such as PostgreSQL (when SQL is the authentication type)?
>
> I assumed that I could just store the md5 hash of my passwords, but that
> doesn't seem to work. Do you have to prepend {md5} or something like that?
>
> My raddb/users config file looks like this:
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
>                 Simultaneous-Use = 1
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                 Framed-Protocol = PPP
>
> Thanks!

Since I'm lucky enough to need CHAP (sigh), I use:
Auth-Type = Local, Password-Location = SQL

This enables storing of passwords in plain-text.  As for the encryption
method used with what you're doing, I have no idea.

--
David Friedman (address@hidden)
www.irctoo.net - IRCtoo... because it's not just irc.