[Help-gnu-radius] user attr table for SQL auth.

From: Edward Rudd
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] user attr table for SQL auth.
Date: 19 Jul 2002 14:06:15 -0500

I'm needing a better explanation of how this table works..

What I want is a table in the DB where I can list the NASes, and
NAS-Identifiers the user has access to.. (an or'ed list)

I tried entering these two entries into the user_attr table

(user_name, attrib, value, op)
('dummy','NAS-Identifier','smtp','')
('dummy','NAS-Identifier','imap','')

and then I used radtest to send this packet to the radius server

User-Name = dummy
Password = dummypass
NAS-Port-Id = 0
Service-Type = Authenticate-Only
NAS-Identifier = smtp

It authenticates fine, but it doens't matter what I put in for
NAS-Identifier.. The radius.info log reports
SQL: invalid operator:
SQL: invalid operator:
Login OK: [dummy]: CLID unknown (from nas local)

my users config file looks like this
DEFAULT Auth-Type=SQL,
           Service-Type = Authenticate-Only
        Service-Type = Authenticate-Only

If I changed the operator in the table to '='
(user_name, attrib, value, op)
('dummy','NAS-Identifier','smtp','=')
('dummy','NAS-Identifier','imap','=')

the user can't login at all.. I get
Invalid user: [dummy]: CLID unknown (from nas local)
in the readius.info log

If I remove one of the attrib entries and only have this
(user_name, attrib, value, op)
('dummy','NAS-Identifier','smtp','=')
It authenticates for NAS-Identifier smtp and not imap

Any assistance will be much appreciated...