Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ipass notify

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ipass notify
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:06:05 +0300

> Is there a way to send an e-mail to someone when a certain RAS IP
> authenticates off the radius server. I know I can setup some sort of cron

Exec-Program attribute allows you to execute arbitrary program on
authentication. The program is executed asynchronously, i.e. radiusd
doesn't wait for it to terminate, so it does not affect the
authentication speed. As an example, suppose you wish an e-mail to
be sent to a user each time he authenticates from the given NAS
(say, 10.10.10.1). Then, the following raddb/users profile will
do the job:

DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.1,
             Auth-Type = SQL
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
             Framed-Protocol = PPP,
             Exec-Program = "/libexec/authmail %C{User-Name}"

Then the /libexec/authmail script could look like:

#! /bin/sh

USERNAME=$1

(
#create the text of the message....
) | /usr/lib/sendmail -t -oi
#end of authmail

Of course, you may pass to the program arbitrary number of arguments,
not only User-Name.

Hope it helps.

> P.S. I'm really liking gnu-radius over what I've used in the past.

Thanks! I'm very pleased to hear it.

Regards,
Sergey