[Help-gnu-radius] CHAP Authentication

From: Ryan Stark
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] CHAP Authentication
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:57:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I'm trying to set up gnuRADIUS to do CHAP authentication.  The
scenario works out like this:
User tries to authenticate with 3rd parties radius server, there server
sees the realm and proxies the request to my server, which needs to say
yes authenticate or no reject.  The 3rd party insists on using CHAP for
this, but despite my better efforts I can not get CHAP to work for me.
Here is what I have in the users file:
test Auth-Type = Local,
        Password = "PASSWORD",
        CHAP-Password = "PASSWORD"
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
                Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
                Framed-MTU = 1500,
                Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

is there anything else I need to set up?

Thanks,
Ryan Stark