Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CHAP Authentication

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CHAP Authentication
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:11:07 +0300

Ryan,

> this, but despite my better efforts I can not get CHAP to work for me.
> Here is what I have in the users file:
> test Auth-Type = Local,
>         Password = "PASSWORD",
>         CHAP-Password = "PASSWORD"

Use either Password or CHAP-Password attribute, not both.

> is there anything else I need to set up?

No, apart from the remark above your raddb/users seems
correct. However, some more information is needed to decide.
What version of radius are you using? Do authentication
attempts always fail, or they simply don't reach radius?
What do you see in your radius.log?

Regards,
Sergey