Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Reasons for an Accounting-Response to not be logg

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Reasons for an Accounting-Response to not be logged "fully"?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:18:01 +0200

> "Good" auth records look exactly the same as "Bad", from as much as the
> Acct records can tell - they all look like the below:
[...]
> As you can see all the things that the manual suggests are required for
> Accounting is in this Auth record... So I'm failing to understand what is
> "missing"...

Notice that authentication records have nothing to do with accounting.
They only mark an attempt to authenticate, nothing more. What you should
be looking for are *accounting* records, only they are written to rad[uw]tmp.

Try setting the debugging level "radius.c", you will then see *any* packets
received by radius.

Regards,
Sergey