Re: [Help-gnu-radius] warning message in log

From: katou606
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] warning message in log
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:00:19 +0900

Hi, Sergey
Thanks for your reply and nice hints.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:40:55 +0200
Sergey Poznyakoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Add a default entry to your raddb/naslist, e.g.:
>
> DEFAULT             others

I read the raddb/naslist's comments.

> # Each record consists of following fields:
> #
> # i.    A valid hostname or IP address for the client.
> # ii.   The short name to use in the logfiles for this NAS.
> # iii.  Type of device. Valid values are those listed in
> #       /etc/raddb/nastypes file. Two types are predefined:
> #       true            Means no check will be made and 1 code
> #                       will be returned,
> #       false           Means no check will be made and 0 code
> #                       will be returned.

I understand that I should write an appropriate raddb/naslist
like this.
-------------
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX RAD_CLIENT_A true
XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY RAD_CLIENT_B true
XXX.XXX.XXX.ZZZ RAD_CLIENT_C true
But, I'm not sure that the "true" is correct at my clients.
How do I get the correct 3rd parameters ?
(The clients are the Spring Tide's Virtual routers for PPPoE.)

And, I think that the "DEFAULT" line abandons unknown client's IP
information. I will not write the line for security this time.
Is this correctly ?

Thanks.

--
Kazunori Kato <address@hidden>