Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple Logins Error

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple Logins Error
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:11:28 +0300

Bob Robichaud <address@hidden> wrote:

> My radius log is showing errors for some users [username] Multiple Logins
> Max 1
[...]
> Why does radius think the user is already logged in.

Because it has received the accounting request for the beginning of the
user's session (start request), but never received a corresponding
stop request. To check this, examine `radwho' output or simply
run `radgrep username'.

In short, this means one of the following:

1) the user is actually on line now,
2) the NAS is not sending stop requests (accounting requests with
Acct-Status-Type set to Stop).
3) stop request it sends is malformed and does not match
the start request.

> How do I fix this without allowing multiple logins.

Check points 2,3 above. In both cases you'll probably need to do some
configuration on your NAS side. Examining contents of the file
/var/log/radacct/<NASNAME>/detail will help you clarify the
situation.

Regards,
Sergey