RE: [Help-gnu-radius] %C{Framed-IP-Address} macro fails...

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] %C{Framed-IP-Address} macro fails...
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:58:49 +0200

Dooley, Ryan <address@hidden> wrote:

> The detail log was the only place the Framed-IP-Address was delivered
> to.

Can you please show an excerpt from the detail log?

> The option that I did find later was to set "aaa accounting
> delay-start" on the NAS (it is a Cisco AS) but the hardware is too old
> to support the version of IOS needed for this option.

A minor clarification: "aaa accounting delay-start" instructs cisco
to delay sending the accounting request until the framed IP address
becomes known. Without this option, it sends the accounting start
record without Framed-IP-Address attribute, so it won't appear
neither in detail nor in the database. If Framed-IP-Address
does appears in detail, this means that cisco does send it
along with the accounting request, so delay-start would actually
be useless.

Regards,
Sergey