help-gnustep

Re: Objective-C and Cygwin (at WIN32)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Objective-C and Cygwin (at WIN32)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:02:50 -0600

Ildar Mulyukov wrote:

   Hello!
I am trying to install GNUstep on my Cygwin/WIN32 system.
AFAIK using Objective-C in Cygwin env. is not trivial. Official information about the topic is here http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC82 that is that ObjC is not supported. But I found hints that it's possible to get it work! Please share your experience of the topic.
Thank you. Ildar

It's supported on some compilers, but not others. I'm not sure about the latest cygwin compiler, but the latest mingw compiler supports Obj-C.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
fedor@doc.com  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it