help-gnustep

Re: UTF8 encoded object is becoming nil

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: UTF8 encoded object is becoming nil
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:31:15 -0600

Kotesh wrote:

The program is working fine after changing the Function call
NSUTF8StringEncoding to NSUnicodeStringEncoding.
But that may not be the desired encoding technique to my application as UTF8
had additional advantages over Unicode .
Also  I doubt the base may be lacking UTF8 encoding implementation.

Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong..

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

I just made a fix to gnustep-base to automatically determine the UNICODE encoding, so try the latest code from CVS. Remember - do NOT link in the extra iconv library.

I tried your code on three different systems (including Solaris) and it works fine.