help-gnustep

Re: GNUstep behaving odd (colour) in XDMCP session

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep behaving odd (colour) in XDMCP session
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:52:00 +0200

unix.s@freenet.de wrote:
> I am not a developer but maybe this can help: I have the same
> constallation of machines and the same problem, but it seems not to
> be a GNUstep-only problem. I get this behavior with wmaker, feh 1.2.7
> image viewer opening jpg and png, and entice (opening jpg, no problem
> with png) as well. There are no problems using image viewers
> depending on gnome-libs (I do not use KDE).

I gave thsi problem another thought and maybe it is caused by the
different endianess of the two machines. I am really not familiar with
the art backend, but in the cairo and the win32 backend I am rather sure
that we have endianess issues. These could get even worse, when the
GNUstep application runs on a different machine as the X server. I know,
this doesn't help you, but perhaps somebody with more knowledge of the
art backend can take this idea as a starting point for further
investigation.

Fred