Re: Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha

From: red floyd
Subject: Re: Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha DEC Tru64?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 22:08:20 GMT

Sharshera wrote:
I have a c++ code that I can compile successfully on g++ 2.96 while I
can't under 3.4.1 and 3.0?

Are these two known to have issues with STL?
My code uses STL heavily, actually it is built all around STL.

I know this is a very general question but I am just wondering if STL
is better supported in some version while not in the others.

I don't want to spend hours installing newer version in vein.

Hameed.

Actually, I suspect that you may be using some non-standard constructs for your STL code under 2.96. The 3.x series tracks the Standard fairly well.

Could you be more specific about what you're doing and what errors you're getting?