Re: Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha DEC Tru64?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:23:15 +0200

Sharshera wrote:
> I have a c++ code that I can compile successfully on g++ 2.96 while I
> can't under 3.4.1 and 3.0?

Firstly: http://gcc-2.96.html
Secondly: show some code, I rather tend to share reds floyd's opinion.

> Are these two known to have issues with STL?

The issue is called porting from pre- or non-standard C++ to standard C++.

> I know this is a very general question but I am just wondering if STL
> is better supported in some version while not in the others.

Indeed, it is too general. Just for your info also: the STL is dead and has
been unmaintained during the last years. What is alive is the C++
standardlibrary, which has been strongly influenced by the STL but still
is not the same.

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html