help-gsasl

Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl

From: Adam Strzelecki
Subject: Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:11:29 +0200

Hi again,

Attaching patches that should be OKay with your remarks. See answers below.

However, I would like to preserve the 'extern' qualifier for functions
in the header file if possible.  I.e., something like:

/* GSASL Windows DLL */
#ifndef GSASL_API
# if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(GSASL_STATIC)
#  ifdef GSASL_EXPORTS
#   define GSASL_API  __declspec(dllexport)
#  else /* GSASL_EXPORTS */
#   define GSASL_API  __declspec(dllimport)
#  endif /* GSASL_EXPORTS */
#endif /* GSASL_API */

Okay so it would be:
/* GSASL Windows DLL */
#ifndef GSASL_API
# if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(GSASL_STATIC)
#  ifdef GSASL_EXPORTS
#   define GSASL_API  __declspec(dllexport)
#  else /* GSASL_EXPORTS */
#   define GSASL_API  __declspec(dllimport)
#  endif /* GSASL_EXPORTS */
# else /* _WIN32 && !GSASL_STATIC */
#  define GSASL_API
# endif /* _WIN32 && !GSASL_STATIC */
#endif /* GSASL_API */

Note that GSASL_API must be in generic case left defined empty (or compilation will fail complaining about unknown identifier GSASL_API)

 extern GSASL_API int gsasl_init (Gsasl ** ctx);

*gsasl-lib-win32-dll-exports-2.patch* now complies this!

I've attached also *gsasl-lib-win32+vc8-4.patch*, so please use this one instead of 3rd one, only difference with old one is that I removed strdup.c from compilation, as actually it is unnecessary (since it is available in C runtime anyway, and was creating unnecessary non GSASL "strdup" export in the DLL).

Waiting for your feedback,
--
Adam Strzelecki