Corrupt colours with X.org

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Corrupt colours with X.org
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:30:56 +0300

I have tried installing GuixSD on my machine, an old Asus laptop, and
have completed the installation successfully.  But I had a problem with
some applications in X.org: when I set a bg image, and opened an
application (i.e. xterm), the colors of the bg image went weird, and
looked pinkish-reddish.  And the Icecat window too, had similarly
corrupt colours.  I had to quickly switch to another distro as this is
my only machine ATM, but I wanted to ask regardless to see if anybody
can tell me what might cause it, as in the coming days I'll have a spare
machine to retry an installation and test for a more extended period.
I'm sorry that I can't provide any screenshots or debugging information
ATM.  Thanks in advance,

Best,

        gk.