Re: Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 05:11:06 +0200

Katherine Cox-Buday <address@hidden> writes:

>> Can you show us the mtime of these files?  In my case both the scm and
>> the go files all have their mtime as 1970-01-01 01:00:01.000000000
>> +0100.
>
> One interesting point might be that there are no `.go` files. I would
> argue Guile's error message here could use some care, but even a better
> error message won't get me to a better spot :)

Oh, well, that’s definitely not right.  Guix does not download
individual files when fetching packages — it downloads archives that
definitely do contain the .go files.  So the question is… where did they
go once “guix pull” finished?

Does “guix gc --verify=repair,contents” (run as root) really not tell
you anything useful?

--
Ricardo