Re: enchant hash, fail to upgrade

From: Catriel
Subject: Re: enchant hash, fail to upgrade
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:38:39 -0300

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry I'm too tired to answer properly. Their is a section about contributing
> in the manual. Have you read that?

yes, but I was asking a way or methodology to modify packages from guix
and using them even when they are dependencies. Because just defining a
package doesn't seem to handle that situation very well. As opose to
inheriting emacs package definition, calling it
awesome-mario-bros-emacs, patching it, and installing it. I was not
interested so much on the details of contributing.

> As a workaround, you can try guix package -u
> --with-source=enchant=`guix download …` where … is the url of the
> sources you want to use. Iirc, it applies to dependencies recursively.

mmm the problem remaings the same. The source is accesible and downloads
just fine, the issue here is with the package definition: it have a
wrong sha256 (asuming that is the case and not a sec. vulnerability in
upstream).

So even if I download it manually and write:

$guix upgrade --fallback --with-source=enchant=path-to-downloaded-file

it's equivalent to let guix download the package by itself. When it
tries to build the derivation the sha256 mismatch aborts the upgrade.

> Good night, and good luck :)

Have a good sleep!
and really thank you for answering!