Re: with every guix pull icedove updating I have to set up icedove again

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: with every guix pull icedove updating I have to set up icedove again
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 18:25:18 +0000

At the moment, when I run: icedove -ProfileManager
it gives me 8 options:

1. Default Default      runs the new icedove
2. Default                      asks me to set up icedove
3. Default 1            runs the new icedove
4. Default 2            runs the new icedove
5. Default 3                    asks me to set up icedove
6. Default 4                    asks me to set up icedove
7. Default 5                    asks me to set up icedove
8. Default 6                    asks me to set up icedove

Should I delete the profiles number 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 ?which ask me to set icedove up? Is it save to delete profiles?

There is a message:
Deleting a profile will remove the profile from the list of available profiles and cannot be undone. You may also choose to delete the profile data files, including your settings, certificates and other user-related data. This option will delete the folder “/home/gfp/.thunderbird/lrhyptlb.default” and cannot be undone.
Would you like to delete the profile data files?

should I choose the option: delete the files or the other option: Don't delete files?

Run icedove -ProfileManager