Re: Screen sharing ungoogled-chromium

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: Screen sharing ungoogled-chromium
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 09:53:11 -0400

phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org> writes:

> Jitsi works in chromium and I'm able to share screen.
>
> But I'm trying to switch to Guix as my work laptop but in order to do that
> the Teams screen share would have to work.
>
> Anyway it's proprietary garbage so if there isn't anybody who got it working
> let's just close the discussion.

As just one more data point, I use Guix as my work laptop and connect to
my video conferencing meetings through ungoogled-chromium. In my
experience, I can share my screen successfully in Jitsi and Zoom
meetings only. I can attend Google Meet meetings and see other people's
screens but cannot share my own. Microsoft Teams just crashes and burns
when I try to connect.

Fortunately (?) my company mostly uses Zoom for scheduled meetings, and
I can use Jitsi for my personal meetings, so this works out fine for me
at this time.

Best of luck,
  Gary

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.