Re: build all dependents?

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: build all dependents?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:06:43 -0800

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 5:07 PM jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> is there a command to build all dependents

I struggle regularly with the terminology used in software
distributions. Perhaps someone appreciates my favorite act of civil
disobedience: I use "prerequisites" to talk about packages required by
those that "consume" them.

Here, I would have used "consuming packages" instead of dependents,
because the former is so clearly distinct from the ubiquitous but
ambiguous word "dependencies".

Happy hacking, and thank you all for your contributions to Guix!

Kind regards
Felix