Re: Using an alternative python to build python modules

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Re: Using an alternative python to build python modules
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:28:29 +0000

Kyle Andrews <kyle@posteo.net> writes:

> There seems to be some secret Guile incantation I am overlooking. Could
> you give me a hint of what this could be?

Tobias pointed out to me that the Guile developers could be to blame
here. They appear a bit too preoccupied with prematurely optimizing the
speed of code with the result that it has already been made inaccessible
before users have a fighting chance to interactively study it to
understand how it works.

The workflow described in the Guile manual seems like it would be
perfect. It suggests I should be able to just modify the source code and
reload it into the running environment. Unfortunately, I don't know how
to associate my running environment via the Guix REPL with my git
checkout.