Re: Handling code generators

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Handling code generators
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:35:01 -0500

%% Sankaranarayanan K V <address@hidden> writes:

  skv> I think I could write a wrapper so that all generated files from
  skv> 'a.spec' are put in a unique directory, say a.spec.dir. The wrapper will
  skv> be able to figure out what all got generated and change the CC_FILES
  skv> variable.

  skv> Which of the following would be better?

  skv> (1) CC_FILES = a.spec.dir/Foo.cc a.spec.dir/Bar.cc

  skv> or

  skv> (2) CC_FILES = Foo.cc Bar.cc
  skv>     # the wrapper script moves the files from a.spec.dir to ..

I really don't like moving files around; it seems to create more
problems than it solves.  In this case, though, maybe that's not true.
Anyway, it's up to you; either one would work.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/