Re: is there a make system which uses database instead of Makefiles?

From: gk
Subject: Re: is there a make system which uses database instead of Makefiles?
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 06:33:26 -0800

Thanks. I looked at SCons a couple of years ago and had forgotten about it.
I believe it is completely file-based but it uses MD5 instead of timestamps which might be ideal to tell if database input fields have changed. In any case, python is clearly superior to the gnu makefile language and the internals of SCons are also python.