Re: is there a make system which uses database instead of Makefiles?

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: is there a make system which uses database instead of Makefiles?
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:08:22 -0500

gk wrote:

Thanks. I looked at SCons a couple of years ago and had forgotten about it.
I believe it is completely file-based but it uses MD5 instead of timestamps which might be ideal to tell if database input fields have changed. In any case, python is clearly superior to the gnu makefile language and the internals of SCons are also python.

I agree although I'll give that SCons has the benefit of youth :-)

I figured that, since SCons uses Python, it should be flexible enough to be
able to access the database.  This is a complete guess on my part, though,
since I've never even used SCons.