#define or configure option to be case insensitive

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: #define or configure option to be case insensitive
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:09:08 +0200

Hi,

i once compiled GNU make for Win32 and used
it without problems.  In another project i
now found out that i compiled it case sensitive.

I downloaded a GNU make (MinGW32) that is case
insensitive, but it looks to me that it is somehow
slow.

I'd like to compile "make" again with a setting
that makes it case insensitive.  Can anybody
tell me what #define i need to set for this?

Does that affect the speed of "make"?  If the
"make" that i compile is also slow, then i have
gained nothing...

Best regards,
Torsten.